I live in Massachusetts and care for my elderly mother who is homebound. How do I know if I should hire a home health aide to help?
It is difficult to know when to ask for outside help from a home health aide or other Massachusetts health professional. Each circumstance will be different, and there are significant benefits to consider.
Benefits Of Hiring A Home Health Aide Or Personal Care Aide In Massachusetts
- Quality of Life - Our home health aides help elderly, disabled, chronically ill and mentally challenged individuals make daily life easier, safer and more enjoyable. This is an important benefit to both the individual and his/her loved ones as it can add to the overall quality of life. By maintaining a sense of the normal tasks and comfortable routines, home health aides ease disruption in daily routines and discomfort.
- Personal Care - We offer Certified Personal Care Aides especially for those who need help within the home. A Personal Care Aide is trained and certified to assist with a number of in-home activities, including showers, sponge baths, dressing, grooming and ambulation.
- Help in the House - In addition to providing more ease and comfort for the individual, our Massachusetts home health aides provide home-based services. An extra pair of hands around the house is extraordinarily helpful, as our home health aides can do light homemaking, laundry, change bed linens, meal preparation, and run errands in the southeastern Massachusetts area.
- Companionship - Companionship services by an experienced, professional home health aide helps our clients feel engaged. Our home health aides can read books or newspapers aloud, do crossword puzzles, play cards, or engage in a friendly conversation. These kinds of activities help keep our clients minds active and ease loneliness.
- Transportation - Mobility is important to maintaining a healthy quality of life, and our Massachusetts home health aides assist our clients in this way. Transportation services can be arranged for doctors appointments, shopping, errands, or pleasure trips and visits. Not only will the client feel engaged at home, but also out in their community.
According to the Family Caregiver Alliance, over three-quarters (78%) of adults in need of long-term care depend on family and friends as their only source of help. With the many demands of life, it can become very difficult for family and friends to shoulder all the responsibility of caring for an elder or disabled person in need.
Choosing The Best Home Care Service For You
At Attentive Home Care, it is our mission to provide an array of quality, in-home services which are tailored to meet individual needs and enable our clients to live in their homes, with dignity, in the company of people who care. Our services range in time from 1 hour visits to 24 hour around-the-clock care.
Rest assured that at Attentive Home Care, all of our home health aides undergo extensive background checks, interviews and careful reference reviews. We have taken every precaution to ensure your loved one is safe and well cared for in the best of hands. If you are considering hiring a home health aide, please call us to discuss this important family decision.
Home Care For Southeastern Massachusetts
We serve the SouthCoast MA, Cape Cod, and South Shore MA region, including the cities & towns in the following MA counties:
Barnstable County MA: Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Buzzards Bay, Chatham, Dennis, Eastham, Falmouth, Harwich, Hyannis, Mashpee, Orleans, Provincetown, Sandwich, Truro, Wellfleet, & Yarmouth.
Bristol County MA: Acushnet, Assonet, Attleboro, Berkley, Dighton, Fairhaven, Fall River, Freetown, New Bedford, North Dartmouth, Raynham, Rehoboth, Somerset, South Dartmouth, Taunton, & Westport.
Plymouth County MA: Brockton, Carver, Duxbury, East Bridgewater, Halifax, Hanover, Kingston, Lakeville, Marion, Marshfield, Mattapoisett, Middleboro, Onset, Pembroke, Plymouth, Plympton, Rochester, Wareham, West Bridgewater, & Whitman.